GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2006-04 > 1145147734

From: "Linda Bridge" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Searching and Grouping
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 01:35:34 +0100

Ed
I'm sure you will get many answers to this as there are many ways to achieve
things with Genbox.

To create a report for an individual and his/her descendants, open the view
individuals screen on the person you wish to make the chart/report for. Go
to reports and choose which type of report you want e.g. descendant
narrative. The report screen opens on the key tab and will show the
individual you had open on the previous screen. This tab also gives you
choices on which descendants to follow and the number of generations you
wish to include. The content tab gives you a lot of choice over what to
include in the report. Just using these two tabs will give you the basic
descendant report. The others offer many more options for fine tuning the
report/chart to suit your needs.

To create a group to transfer to a new database I find the easiest way is to
create a descendant chart from the required individual, then go to view -
lists. On the left hand side of the screen, under Recent Activity will be
chart results. Highlight this and all the people in your chart will be
listed on the right hand side. You can copy and paste this list into saved
lists with a suitable name. Go to File - export data, choose which sort of
export file, then when you get the options screen click on select list and
choose the list you previously created.

Whilst it seems complicated, it is very easy to learn the basics and well
worth the effort. This list is also one of the friendliest and most
helpful.

Best Wishes
Linda