GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2006-04 > 1145085186

From: "D Fretwell" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Spacing in Notes
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:13:06 +0100

Hi wim,

Many thanks for the suggestion.

After adding the [CR][CR][G] to the Global Template, this is what resulted
i.e. spaces between events:

1. Harold Fretwell, son of William Fretwell and Ann Shaw, was born on 30
Apr 1914[ ] at Savile Lane, Thurlstone

. On 13 Oct 1934[ ] at the age 20, Harold, married 20 year old Annie Kilner
at Penistone Register Office

. Harold was employed as an Umbrella Worker, Roadman, Shot Blaster/Slinger

. He retired in 1975, age 60, from David Brown's Foundry, Penistone

.[ ] He died of "Myocardial Infarction [Heart Failure]" on 16 Oct 1976 (age
62)[ ] at Westfield Ave, Thurlstone

.[ ] He was cremated at Ardsley Crematorium, Barnsley, 6 days later

.[ ] 1928 - Left school. Employed at William Hoyland's Umbrella Works,
Millhouse
abt 1935 - Roadman, working on Penistone by-pass (opened in 1938)
abt 1938 - Employed as a Shot Blaster/Slinger at David Brown's Foundry,
until ill health forced retirement
1949 - Moved to 23 Westfield Avenue, Thurlstone
Suffered from pneumoconiosis, the result of breathing in dust whilst shot
blasting at his workplace.

This is how I would prefer the report to look i.e. with all events appended:

1. Harold Fretwell, son of William Fretwell and Ann Shaw, was born on 30
Apr 1914[ ] at Savile Lane, Thurlstone. On 13 Oct 1934[ ] at the age 20,
Harold, married 20 year old Annie Kilner at Penistone Register Office.
Harold was employed as an Umbrella Worker, Roadman, Shot Blaster/Slinger. He
retired in 1975, age 60, from David Brown's Foundry, Penistone.[ ] He died
of "Myocardial Infarction [Heart Failure]" on 16 Oct 1976 (age 62)[ ] at
Westfield Ave,
Thurlstone.[ ] He was cremated at Ardsley Crematorium, Barnsley, 6 days
later.[ ]
*** Space required here before notes start ***
1928 - Left school. Employed at William Hoyland's Umbrella Works, Millhouse
abt 1935 - Roadman, working on Penistone by-pass (opened in 1938)
abt 1938 - Employed as a Shot Blaster/Slinger at David Brown's Foundry,
until ill health forced retirement
1949 - Moved to 23 Westfield Avenue, Thurlstone
Suffered from pneumoconiosis, the result of breathing in dust whilst shot
blasting at his
workplace.

Am I missing something?

Not sure if the formatting will come out right on emailing?

David (UK)