GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2006-02 > 1140274080

From: "Jim Winfrey" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Gedcom Import from Legacy
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:48:00 -0500

Dave,

One more caveat - if you use Legacy's event addresses, they all get
put in GB's Contact tab for the individual and the link between the
address and the event is lost.

Bill - it would be great if these Legacy event addresses could be
imported into the Local Site as the Contact for that site. The
predominant use for the Legacy event addresses is to give the Local
Site location and information.

On the whole though the gedcom from Legacy to GB is very, very good.
I was surprised when GB recognized the crazy way Legacy identifies
nicknames and automagically imported them correctly.

Jim