GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1107479422

From: Robin Lamacraft <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Query: Chart saving to JPG
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:40:26 +1030

At 11:35 4/02/2005 +1030, I wrote:
>If you save a GenBox chart as a JPG file, I find that what gets saved in
>the JPG is the screen view of the file not the complete detailed file.
>That is you get 2 different outcomes if you save the same file when viewed
>at 100% or 25%. In the 25% case you only see the boxes and lines and no
>text is saved in the image. Is this by design? It was counter-intuitive to
>my expectations.
>
>Robin

Even more ...
Having discovered this aberration, I went back and reset the screen view to
100%, and on closing the chart view, I was asked whether I wanted to update
the saved JPG, to which I said YES expecting that the saved file would then
be updated to include the text that could now see on the screen. But
opening the JPG in the Irfanview, I now see that the file content was not
updated. This looks like a bug.

Robin

This thread: