GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-01 > 1105828114

From: "Tom Morris" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Ancestor Charts Problem
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:28:34 -0500

> Some Everyone charts produce multiple links and these can usually be
> removed by some simple manipulation so it does look like that there's
> something amiss in the programming.

Fixing the ancestor charts isn't necessarily going to fix Everyone charts.
I've seen problems in the layout of Everyone charts that I doubt are related
to this.

> This is really a major fault and should be rectified as a matter of
> urgency. A program that produces charts should do exactly that.

Well, if this was a $600 professional charting program for the use of
service bureaus, I'd probably agree. Since it's a $60 consumer
genealogy program, I'm not sure where charting bugs rank in priority
relative to other types of bugs.

The main point of my message was to offer a workaround for those
who wanted to print this type of chart before the problem is fixed
in the coming weeks, months, or years.

As an added refinement, think one could create their own visual
"connector" for the broken links by creating lists with each pair
that's disconnected from each other and then apply a unique
graphic style to their boxes so that they can be located easily
on the chart. Not as good as a connecting line, but again, a
short term workaround.

Tom

This thread: