GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-01 > 1105042619

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Secondary citation for multi-level sources
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:18:35 +0100

Hi Kathy,

What about the following: treat the Higher Level source of the Primary
Citation as if it was already known and use the Bibliography as an
"Explanation"?

Your citations could look like this:
Primary: Magdalena Lenertz baptismal record, _Britten Baptisms, p. 28, entry
no. 69
Secondary: Magdalena Lenertz baptismal record.
Bibliography: _Britten Baptisms is: _Britten, St. Wendelin: Taufen,
1798-1836; Firmungen_ (1805), Bistumsarchiv Trier, Trier, Germany, microfilm
no. 1858655, item 2, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah

This example is just a quick and dirty cut and paste of your examples but I
think you get the drift. The Bibliography-Template of the Lower Source
should pull in the info of the Higher Source.

Gr. Wim

This thread: