GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-10 > 1098033033

From: "Beverly Howard" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Controlling layout and editing in Everyone chart
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:21:08 -0500

>> One option that you might want to consider is running a query first or
>> creating a saved list for only those individuals that you want in the chart.
>> Then when you make the chart, the unknown spouses wouldn't be included
>> unless they were in the query results or saved list.

Cheri,
My immediate problem was solved, but I tried to take a look at how this solution would work since it sounded like a generally useful approach for other purposes. I dont know anything about using lists or queries in Genbox but I've gotten the impression that they are powerful tools.

So I tried reading the help files for lists and trying different menu options. Now, my brain was already fried from 4 hours of messing with Everyone charts, but I couldnt figure out how to make any kind of list at all. Which brings back my current main complaint about Genbox - it is a very powerful program with many options and the help file may be very useful when you have some clue about how the program works but it is not useful for the total beginner.

So far, I've only figured out the options needed to get input some people and print out an everyone tree. What should I do next? I have the link to the FAQ page. I've been reading this list for a couple months but most of the postings just go over my head. I've read that printing out the entire help file is a good idea. How many pages are we talking about? Do I need to buy another package of paper first?

Beverly

This thread: