GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-09 > 1094600586

From: "s.lloyd9" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Place names
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 00:47:15 +0100

Hi Bill and Donna,
I'm not seeing this even if I enter a Place in the 'Higher Place' field.
But while we are the subject of Places, I can enter (in Places View) a Local
Site of 10 with a higher Local Site of Deptford Road. If I enter this
Place in an Event, it appears to stick until I open the Magnify Place
window, when the number 10 has moved to the Modifying position, leaving just
Deptford Road at the Local Site Level. Is this because I can't use a number
as a lower Local Site?. I would really like to be able to use Local Sites
in this way, it means I could link everyone who has an Event in 'Deptford
Road' with those that have an Event in '10, Deptford Road'.

Sally