GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-06 > 1087835138

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Some bugs in 3.2.0?
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:25:42 +0200

Hi Michel,

> * Added an event to an individual. Typed the name of a person
> already in the
> dataset as a witness ("Anna De Meyer" in this case). Genbox
> says there's no
> such indivual, and do I want to add a new individual. I click
> "no", but the
> individual is still created.

No problems here. Followed the same procedure: new event for Ind, started
typing in the witnessfield: autocompletion came with several options,
everything went fine, several times.

> * Typed a spouse name in the empty drop-down on the
> individual summary tab,
> hit "enter": a spouse was created, but the name was empty (no
> identifiers).

Here are definitely some problems but different from yours: I entered a name
for a new individual; Genbox asked to create a new individual, when I said
yes it didn't create a new individual but attached the new name to the last
Ind in the database (who was also last viewed)! In another experiment (added
a spouse for the last Ind in the database) everything seemed okay but when I
wanted to delete the 'familylink' on the family-tab: Genbox crashed.

> Another thing: did this just change with 3.2.0? I used to be
> able to type an
> ID to select a person, that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I still can type in the ID-nr and GB selects the Ind.

Might there be a difference in the way we've updated GB? I've downloaded the
full install.

Gr. Wim

This thread: