GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-05 > 1085340250

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Match Finder not working
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:24:10 +0200

Hi Kathy,

Genbox (or MS Jet :-)) is giving me results that could be expected. I checked
with your initial criteria too: Surnames: Exact Match; Given Names: Same First
Letter x 3; Birth Date: Within 2 years. Some 'matches' seemed questionable but
when I viewed the Identifier-tab it became obvious.

Do these individuals have other Identifiers? Name Variants or Name Changes
etc. You need to check the Identifiers-tab too: Genbox just shows the
"preferred Indentifier" in the Possible Duplicates list. Sometimes the
namevariant matches another namevariant.

Gr. Wim