GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-05 > 1085323938

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Match Finder not working
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:52:18 +0200

Hi Kathy, Julia, Cheric, e.a.

I've just found out that the Acces 'database-engine' updates aren't included
in the Windows-update feature nor in the Office-update feature: there was
still an update available for my ME-computer with Office 200 after I had run
both the updates.
From Legacy I know that sometimes unexplainable errors could be solved by
updating these MS-Jet-files manually. Genbox and Legacy use the same
Jet-engine.

You need to check/install the Microsoft Data Access Components [MDAC]:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b0
37-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en
(* select the correct language, corresponding with the language of your
operating system)

Check and install Jet 4.0 Service Pack from Microsoft
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829558&Product=acc2002

Important for Win95, Win98 and WinNT 4.0: The Jet 4.0 SP8 download for
computers running Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft
Windows NT version 4.0 includes the ODBC Desktop Driver Pack drivers but does
not completely install them. In order for the ODBC drivers to be correctly
registered on your computer, you also must install Microsoft Data Access
Components (MDAC) 2.6 or later. MDAC does not include these driver files, but
it includes the core ODBC DLLs that are required to install and use the
drivers. You must install MDAC after Jet 4.0 SP8 for it to correctly register
these files.

Good luck with this,

Gr. Wim