GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-03 > 1079240462

From: "David Pritchard" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] sourcing wizard
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:01:02 +1000

Perhaps the answer is to forgo the service details (and I guess in most
cases they would not be known), placing them in the event notes. I asked
because a #Plc Church record is kept and it would be nice to link these
events also taking place in the church. Is this why you made a Funeral event
Cheri?

I do not have a Funeral event and agree that it would be a very good idea to
be able to identify default events from any user created or amended. In my
case as new user with GB started from a gedcom file (FTM) I have no idea
which is user created (and that need not be, or for consistency could be
better placed in a default event.) I have been wondering whether my
Cremation event is user created (by my gedcom) as the records are just Place
and Local Site. I now appreciate, thanks to the good folks here, that these
labels can be changed.

Dave