GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-03 > 1078769884

From: Pedro Silva <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Adding Children
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:18:04 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to all for your input

Beth, to your first 2 paragraphs, I only say: Amen

Regarding the last one, I must "disagree". If there are several ways to input data, they should simply ... work !

I would prefer to enter data in the summary page, but in some cases it becomes more convinient in other views. So, if there is the option, it should work.
However, if doing that, brings problems that could not be resolved, then I agree with you, the option should not be there.

Now I must go home, hoppe tomorrow I can see some comment from Bill saying it's fixed on next release ;-)

Best regards to all

Pedro

Beth Gay <> wrote:
Dear List,

The technique of adding children should be a simple process. The following
methods are outlined in the help manual.
"The best way to add a record for a new related individual is to type the
person's name into one of the relationship boxes for an existing individual
record: either as the Father, Mother, Spouse, or Child. This allows you to
create a record for the new individual and link it to other people in your
database at the same time. On the Summary page, you can type a new name into
the Father, Mother, Spouse, and children boxes for the current individual.
You can also add parents on the Parents page, spouses and children on the
Family page, and a variety of types on the Events page. In each case, the
program will check the name entered against the names already stored. If
there is a match, the Individual Pick Dialog will appear with more
information. You can choose to link to an existing individual, or add a new
individual, even if the name is exactly the same as an existing one.

If you wish to add additional information to the new individual record added
this way, you will first need to make it the current record by
double-clicking on the name. "

If any of the above methods do not work properly, provide the proper links
etc., then the possibility of using those methods should be eliminated from
the program and the help file.

Kindest regards,

Beth G.