GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-03 > 1078764867

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Adding children
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:54:46 -0800

Pedro - This method does not create multiple families. Another way to do
this is to create the male & female and link them with some marriage or
pseudo marriage relationship. Then go to the Family tab for either of the
parents, and enter Childbirth events there. You can add the new children
and all of the linkages will be okay. You will then need to go to the
Summary for one of the parents and adjust the sex for each child.

I do it both ways depending on the circumstances. If the child already
exists and I have only recently uncovered the parentage, I add the parents
from the child's birth event. If this is a new child, I add from the Family
tab of one of the parents.

You may end up with the family problem you identify IF you add a father and
then a source for the father; then the mother, and a source for her. In
other words adding a source while one of the parent fields still reads
"unknown." I haven't tested this but it would seem that this would be the
case. Therefore, if you are adding sources for the relationships, all both
parents first, then the sources.

CheriC