GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1078078707

From: "Jim Winfrey" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Witnesses in Ancestor Narrative
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:18:31 -0500

Thanks again Michel. This structure is exactly what I need.

I ran into a funny situation applying the witness structure. My brother and
I were witnesses to our father's death. I have always had my brother shown
as a witness. After I updated to .11 this morning my brother has
disappeared as a witness to dad's death and I can't add him back. He is in
the database and I can go to him from any list or from any other event he
witnessed. I tried to add his name and GB autofilled it but told me the
name was not in the database. Did I want to add it? Then I tried adding
him in using his ID number with the same results. This happened to me many
builds ago and Bill tweaked the program and fixed it. Has anybody else
added existing people as witnesses with success?

Jim