GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1077755267

From: Kathy Lenerz <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Genbox FAQs - Update
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:28:57 -0500

Though I'm a new user, I'd like to contribute to popularizing Genbox if
I can. Here are several things I can contribute:

- I made a complete list of default source templates. It's in a pretty
multi-colored 15-page Word table that could probably be uploaded as is
or as a pdf file.
- Ditto for event templates.
- I just downloaded the software on Saturday (although I took it for a
spin last fall). I can make a list of my beginning efforts as a way to
identify the needs of a new user. I can also review "How to" pages to
see if they make sense to the relatively uninitiated.

A few thoughts on these endeavors:
It's worthwhile thinking about the goal of this initiative:
promoting/proselytizing vs. help. Although they're not mutually
exclusive, the emphasis in the web pages created might be different. If
one were interested in promoting the software, the emphasis might be
more on how easy it is to use, e.g., how great the sourcing is, how
useful the place level system is, or how efficient the links among all
the data are. A "how to" web site would be more concerned with
step-by-step instruction, possibly in some of the complexities of the
program, which would not necessarily invite new users. It might help to
think about creating things for beginning, intermediate, and advanced
levels.

Just my thoughts. Let me know if I can help.
Kathy

This thread: