GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1077566187

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Summary tab information
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:56:27 +0100

Hi all,

> Another way of doing that, which I always thought would be helpful, would be
> to show the Event Subtype in the Summary Tab. IOW, instead of creating
> separate Event Templates for Land Buy and Land Sell, you can have a Land
> template with a Buy and a Sell subtype. This would give you different
> sentence structures for each subtype, but currently all you would see in the
> Summary Tab is "Land." If you could see "Land:Buy" and "Land:Sell" it would
> convey a little bit of 'summary' information about the event. Quite a number
> of subtypes could be created to 'see' what was going on at the Summary Tab
> level.

<snip>

I was thinking along the same lines. Especially with all the default
marriage-templates in Genbox. In my opinion most of them are actually subtypes
of a default marriage (Common Law; Consanguini; etc.). If subtypes were shown
on the summary-tab, than creating subtypes would be my preferred setup of
event-templates.

Gr. Wim

This thread: