GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1077132986

From: "Phil O'Phax" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Enough Author Types?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:36:26 +0000

Did you mean the other way round?

Don,

I would have thought the Maloney's were the potato diggers (avoiding the
Irish Potato Famines of course)

Schmidt is German for Smith, is it not?

Phil.

At 16:37 18/02/2004, Don Zochert wrote:

>Paul J. Harris wrote:
>
>>While "Schmidt to Maloney, 23 January 1924" in a secondary
>>reference may be good enough for you, I can't tolerate it. I
>>happen to be in possession of over 800 letters written by my
>>Harris and Lambert relatives, often to each other.
>
>Then obviously you need more detailed identification in a second
>reference. My Schmidts and Maloneys were too busy digging potatoes and
>hauling baggage to write 800 letters to each other. Still, adding more
>source template codes and increasing user options in citation design might
>serve the needs of both those with high standards and those without.
>
>Don

Member of Kent FHS, NW Kent FHS, DEVFHS,SoG,GOONS,Chairman of the Warnies
Ancestral Group (WAG)
I use and recommend CD's from ACDB for my One Name Study research
http://www.archivecdbooks.org/

This thread: