GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1076472679

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Genbox to PDA or laptop?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:11:51 -0800

Yes, you should be able to work with your database on either platform. I
have installed GenBox on both desktop and laptop. Then I simply move *just
the database* back and forth. Personally the only way I would give up the
laptop option would be if a PDA did the research for me. With the PDA, any
new data must be keyed into your program on the desktop when you get back.
That just seems like extra work to me when I can key it directly into my
GenBox database and then simply move the database from one computer to
another. I have enough stuff to do without typing the notes, findings, etc.
into a PDA and then retyping them when I return home. Unless, of course,
you have one of those other programs where they are working on the ability
to sync. However, even that wouldn't make me switch to either of them.

And for merely keeping up your database, you don't need the most state of
the art laptop computer.

CheriC