GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1076465878

From: Jim Winfrey <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Genbox to PDA or laptop?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:18:00 -0500

Richard,

We all face that problem as Windows tells us more and more what we
want. I got around this problem several years ago by setting up a
folder C:\ Gen-Pics on the C: root. I can move GB and my pictures
between my laptop and desktop with no problems. You can also go into
Preferences and disassemble the automatic "My Documents" mentality of
Windows. This is a good feature and provides some privacy if multiple
people use the same computer but how often does that occur. It sure
does create l o n g pathnames.

Jim