GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1076461763

From: "Denise L. Moss-Fritch" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Genbox to PDA or laptop?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:09:30 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: s.lloyd9 [mailto:]

What does everyone use to take their data to Libraries and Record
Offices? Would you recommend a Palm etc or a laptop and if you use a PDA
how do you transfer the data?

Good Evening Sally,

I suppose much depends upon what you intend doing. Certainly a laptop is
much easier to record data, whether directly into Genbox, a word processor,
or even into spreadsheet census forms such as Census Tools (see
http://www.censustools.com/). And yes, I do have a PDA (a Dell Axim with
Win2003). I use the PDA for appointments along with maintaining project
data. I also sync with Genbox to Pocket Genealogist using a GEDCOM. Pocket
Genealogist also shows witnesses from Genbox events and retains several
other Genbox features.

Best,

Denise

This thread: