GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1076094087

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Source citation and repository assistance needed-HELP
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:01:39 -0800

Beth - I went to the link and this is what I make of it and how *I* would
create the citation:

Family data, Gilly Baker Durden Family Bible, unknown title and edition
(Unknown place: Unknown publisher, no date), online
<http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~allister/durden.html>; (Provo,
Utah: MyFamily.com, 1998-2004), submitted by Jeannette LastName
<> on 25 Nov. 1997 from records found in the Alabama
Department of Archives and History, Montgomery, Alabama. The bible was
originally owned in 1937 by Mrs. Ila T. Hutchinson (106 Greenleaf St.,
Quincy, Massachusetts) and was transcribed in 1937 by Miss Lola Lee Daniell
(510 N. 6th Ave., Pensacola, Florida), Florida Genealogical Records Chairman
of The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution. The Gilly
Durden Family Bible was found with the covers lost. The family record is in
the Emily Durden Merritt Bible but comes from a bible about half the size of
the Merritt Bible. Gilly Baker Durden, who lived near Prattville, Alabama,
was the mother of Emily Durden Merritt and the grandmother of Ila T.
Hutchinson. Durden data downloaded 4 February 2004.

Alternatively you might want to move the "download date" but I prefer the
above format; it is up to you.

Family data, Gilly Baker Durden Family Bible, unknown title and edition
(Unknown place: Unknown publisher, no date), online
<http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~allister/durden.html>; (Provo,
Utah: MyFamily.com, 1998-2004), submitted by Jeannette LastName
<> on 25 Nov. 1997 from records found in the Alabama
Department of Archives and History, Montgomery, Alabama; Durden data
downloaded 4 February 2004. The bible was originally owned in 1937 by Mrs.
Ila T. Hutchinson (106 Greenleaf St., Quincy, Massachusetts) and was
transcribed in 1937 by Miss Lola Lee Daniell (510 N. 6th Ave., Pensacola,
Florida), Florida Genealogical Records Chairman of The National Society of
Daughters of the American Revolution. The Gilly Durden Family Bible was
found with the covers lost. The family record is in the Emily Durden
Merritt Bible but comes from a bible about half the size of the Merritt
Bible. Gilly Baker Durden, who lived near Prattville, Alabama, was the
mother of Emily Durden Merritt and the grandmother of Ila T. Hutchinson.

By searching the AL Archives on-line catalog, you might be able to find the
title, edition, and publication info for the original bible. I would also
try to find the last name of Jeannette.

I think this gets all of in information in there, clear, and fairly close to
Mills. I've decided on websites that it is important to show the
"ownership" & copyright of various websites so I always include that.

Hope you find this useful.

CheriC