GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1075848969

From: "Paul J. Harris" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Citation Wish
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:56:14 -0500

Cheri,

You're right, I lost you, so let me back up and show you how what I am
talking about is different from the situation that you just described.

Let's say I have a General Note with the following statement:

Her burial was under the direction of Edgar J. Snell.

One statement. Now I want to insert an embedded citation to document the
source, so I place the curser to the right of the period, click the Source
Button on the Tool Bar, and enter a source citation, which gives me:

Her burial was under the direction of Edgar J. Snell.[S14572*]

Now I find another source that supports this statement in an identical way,
so I want to add another citation. If I to click in or to the right of the
existing citation, then click the Citation Button, it opens the EXISTING
Assertion and allows you to add another source to it. When you return to the
Note field you see two citations:

Her burial was under the direction of Edgar J. Snell.[S14572*][S14539*]

But when you preview or print, only the first will print.

My guess is that your note with three embedded citations has text separating
the citations. Yes?

Paul