GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2004-02 > 1075645539

From: "Deborah Wesley" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Citation Wish
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:25:39 -0500

Bill,

Thanks for considering our suggestion!!

Yes, in the perfect world (and you are after all writing us the
"Perfect" program) I might create another field on the Cited Sources
Tab; as to what to call it I like your "relevant fact" label. For my
uses it would always be a rather short text field as shown in my
examples.

You are also right that I would like some way of optionally outputting
this field. At least at this stage of my work at least 90% of my printed
output is to support my own research efforts.

As to showing this data on the Assertions tab from my standpoint this is
ESSENTIAL that the "relevant fact" be a separate column in the list of
citations. It is seeing this data together, "stacked on top of each
other", that makes it so useful. Otherwise, I would be content with
using the Annotation or Citation Detail fields on the Cited Sources tab.
Right now I sometimes find myself manually rewriting the data to
consider if I have really constructed an accurate date or place.

I know everyone has a different vision, and different needs and goals,
but if I could have this I wouldn't ask for anything else - um, at least
for a week. <G>

Debbie