GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-10 > 1067220623

From: "Phil O'Phax" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Sharing Genbox files with others
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:10:23 +0000

Hi Sally,

Somehow I think that your sister would spell it non-stipendiary, actually!
What's a couple of vowels between siblings, eh?!!

Also, receive ("I before E except after C") is the better way of spelling
that word, too!

Spelling lessons over! On to the real GenBox stuff!

It might not just be additions that one of you siblings might be sending
each other.

Consider what if one of you altered an individual record, (added an event
date and/or place, for example), changed a link to a different parent or
child, edited source record text. The list is almost limitless. Data
synchronisation would not be an easy task. Whose GEDCOM file should GenBox
take as Gospel? (Sorry!) Would GenBox not expect us to label one of the
GEDCOM files as the Primary file and the other as the Secondary file? Would
GenBox not need to be given hints in the form of a GML (GEDCOM
Manipulation/Merge Language) as how to treat each discrepancy between files?

Phil.

At 09:28 PM 10/26/2003, s.lloyd9 wrote:

>Your unintentional spelling error ''She made a god choice!'' was very
>appropriate, my sister is a Non-stipendory Minister of the Church of England
><g>
> But to go back to swopping files, I send my file to my sister who adds to
>it, but before she returns it to me I have continued entering data so when
>I recieve the file I will have to merge my original file ( + her additions)
>to my updated file, do you know whether I can do this?
>
>Sally
>
>----- Ori

This thread: