GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-10 > 1065553431

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Illegitimate children/nontraditional families in Genbox
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:04:05 -0700

I have a couple who married each other twice (well, I have a bunch of
couples who did this) but . . . in narrative reports only the second
marriage for this couple shows, making it look like all of their children
born during their first marriage are illegitimate. All events are selected
for a report option and no Events are marked exclude but I only get one
sentence (???).

On boxed charts, the link between these two individuals shows "1 & 1" (w/o
the ampersand), even though she is both his first and second wife and he is
her first and third husbands. The next spouses for each of them are then
incorrectly numbered. His third wife is shown as "2," her third husband is
shown as "1," and her fourth husband is shown as "3." Gets confusing.

CheriC