GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-09 > 1063509728

From: "Beth Gay" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Higher and Lower Sources
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 22:24:08 -0500

Kathy,

I have been confused on this issue before. Cheri helped my understanding of
the higher and lower sources.
I decided to treat the sources such as yours at the document level source
and use the CD for the details. For a higher level source, I intend to use
that for items where there is actually a source within a source. For example
a book with deed transcriptions, will abstracts, or sourced family
histories, etc. Not sure if this is correct but it is the way that I have
interpreted the usage.
Of course there is a variable for any source. If your newspaper article,
cited another source, then it would be treated differently. I don't believe
that you need to have more than one entry for one source. Multiple
citations; but only one source.

Beth