GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-08 > 1061577301

From: "Bjarne Dein" <>
Subject: SV: [GENBOX] Please raise SOURCE levels to 4
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:35:01 +0200

Hi Bill,

First of all, thanks for using your time for this long explanation, THAT is
a quality in it's self!!!

I see your point, which I don't think there is a straight forward solution
for, BUT on the other hand...

I should easily live with the solution, where it's your own responsibility,
to link the right source level, to the next (and so forth), so that a
missing link, only can so - what ever information, is on the selected level
(which I believe is also the case, when using places, even there is no
templates).

I've had an idea in my mind for the last 15 years, of the ultimate genealogy
program, which is based on the idea of everything is an "Object", and any
kind of object could be linked to any kind of other Object type (it's own
type too - of cause) by an "Event" of some kind.

Bill - you are the one, who have come closest to my idea (NOT bad - in fact
I'm astonished, how well you have done, and your energy), which will make me
stick to GB, but there is still a little way to reach the full Object
Oriented Genealogy Base.

PS. Did you get my message about different names for cousin in other
languages, depending on sex.

Best Regards,

Bjarne