GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-08 > 1061263874

From: "Debbie Wesley" <>
Subject: [GENBOX] Gedcom from Generstions
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:31:54 -0500

Generations supports multiple types of Notes, a feature which I used quite a bit. I defined one note type for family stories, another for discussion of conflicting data, still another for related e-mails, etc., etc., etc.

I have assigened each note type a different GEDCOM type - NOTA, NOTR, NOTS, etc. Generations exports the GEDCOM as follows:

0 @I5596@ INDI
1 NAME Thomas /METHENY/
2 SOUR @S112@
1 SEX M
1 BIRT
2 DATE ABT 1800
2 PLAC VA
2 SOUR @S112@
3 NOTE Born VA, age 60
1 NOTS @N1328@
1 FAMS @F4058@
0 @N1328@ NOTE
1 CONC There is a large gap between children Samuel J (b. abt 1851) and Moses (b. abt. 1858); perhaps Thomas had more than one wife, perhaps Moses is not their son - a grandchild?
1 CONC
1 CONC Who is the Thomas Methany (age 28 born OH) living in household in 1860 - a nephew? a much younger brother?

GB import rejects this with the following error:

Error 1. Unrecognized Tag points to Note Record
94: 1 NOTS @N1328@

I wish GB would import this as a custom event type, adding the event with an empty date and place but putting the note text in the General Note.

Does anybody have any suggestions how to get around this?

This thread: