GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-08 > 1061180633

From: Regina Gualco <>
Subject: [GENBOX] Questions about Individuals View-Summary Tab
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

I have a couple of questions about the Summary Tab of the Individuals View.

RESIZING COLUMNS
I cannot resize the columns in either the Children List or the Events List. I
assume I should be able to do this, since, when I right-click on a column
header bar, one of my menu choices is "Reset Column Widths".

Is there something I need to do to enable column resizing or is this feature
not available? With the current column width, I need to change the font size
to 9 in order to see the complete date and that is a bit too small for
comfortable viewing.

ADDING COLUMNS
Is it possible to add a fourth column to the Events List? I'd like to add a
column for the secondary value of the event (i.e. the value in the [T]
field).

For example:
* the name of the occupation for the Employment event
* the actual description for the Physical Description event
* the name of the child for the Childbirth event (I realize the names are in
the Children List above, but I would much prefer to have this information
integrated into the Events List. Then I could move the horizontal splitter
between the Children List and the Events List to enlarge the Events List and
cover up the Children List.)

Thanks,
Regina
Ballews and Bryants and Brumleys -- Oh My!
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~rgualco-ballew