GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-06 > 1056985510

From: "Paul J. Harris" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Version 3.0.22 Places-Local Site and Leading Modifiers
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:05:14 -0400

Bill,

Sounds good. Awaiting .23. Have time AND data to run it through its paces
this week. <g>

I just ran across a situation where a family lived at the following
addresses:

19202412 Ralph Street
19306012 Ralph Avenue
19506012 Menahan Street

Noticing the similarities, further investigation led me to conclude that
they never moved during this time. Same house, but an apparent renumbering
of addresses and name change of the street. GenBox is the only program that
will allow me to record this accurately and treat it as a single location.
Thank you, Bill.

Paul

PS Is there still any thinking of LINKING Local Sites? A great application
of this, where you have a lot of detailed information, would be gravesites
in a cemetery. You could have separate lat/longs for the grave and the
cemetery and attach media and other source documents such as plot deeds. To
get anal, you could have a grave linked to a plot linked to a section linked
to a cemetery.