GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-06 > 1056814653

From: "s.lloyd9" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Version 3.0.22 Released
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:37:33 +0100

Hello Bill,
My first attempt to download took about 30 minutes and only downloaded
4.7 Mb, second attempt 40 minutes and success. ( may be slow connection,
but cheap and normally reliable <g>)
I'm very impressed with all the new features, I particularly like the
magnify places, looks as though it will make it easier to enter places.
Talking about places I'm having problems trying to construct a template
for E-mails, this is my Primary citation for a Doc in higher Source
<[DOC QUALIFIER]><DOC DATE]> <[SOURCE TITLE]> from < [SOURCE AUTHOR]>
<[ITAL]([PUBLISHER])[ITAL0]> <[PUB PLACE],> < to [SOURCE QUALIFIER].> <
[PUB DATE]> to <[PUB ORIGINAL DATE].>.
Everything works as it should except PUB PLACE, I have enclosed it in
brackets, so why am I getting 'No Place' when that field is empty in the
Source? I wanted to use this field to enter the address of the sender of an
e-mail (if I know it) I've spent half the day trying to get this right, so
please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong before I kick the cat in
frustration.<g>

Sally