GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-04 > 1050725933

From: wim prange <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Potential Problems Report
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 06:20:02 +0200

Hi CheriC,

Unfortunately, converting the table back and forth isn't that simple with
these reports: the entries in each cell are seperated with "soft returns".
When converting the table to text it puts the cells "under each other".
Best way to do this is with the help of Excel: carefully select the content of
the first cell (not the cell itself but only it's content) > copy that > open
Excel and paste it in the first column > select and copy the content of the
second cell and paste it in the second column etc.

It is possible to do a query on the database from Excel. If you want I can
give you directions how to do that. It involves a lot of steps but it is nice
to see how it works.

I found in Access that these 8 people "out of the blue" belonged to a list
that no longer existed in Genbox. I suppose something went wrong when I had
deleted a saved list or someting like that.

Wim