GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-03 > 1046636966

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] GenBox Feedback
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:29:26 +0100

Hi Anne,

[I have figured out this is another hard program to get into,
[but may grow on you once you get to know it.
[It certainly is confusing not being able to delete the church I am
[supposed to have been born in though.
[

It certainly is a program that grows on you. Even more: it's addictive.

On these language-code tables: do you use an English/American version of
Windows or an International version. I think these problems only exist with
the International one. I assumed you lived in Norway but ofcourse that doesn't
have to be (or imply that you use an Internation Version).

I believe you exported your file from Legacy: try exporting from Legacy in a
different "Character Set", Standard is Ansi but you might try Ansel or UTF-8
as well. See if that solves some of these problems with characters and even
maybe Locations.

Also check in Legacy itself if there is something strange allready in the
Master Locations List (select Domkirk, hit Show List, maybe tag all the
members of this Location and see if you are attached in some strange way to
this 'Domkirk').

There have been a lot of Hints and Tips on Places on this List. Maybe someone
has collected these and might post them here?

Wim

This thread: