GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-03 > 1046575174

From: "Jim Winfrey" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] GenBox Feedback
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 22:19:34 -0500

When I imported my database from Legacy, my locations were in the form
"Town, County, State, Country, Detail" where Detail is hospital, cemetery,
etc. GB correctly imported these things (don't know how) but had problems
where I had Detail information in Legacy's Description fields. I have
decided to just fix them on the fly. But there is a huge advantage in the
way GB manages Locations. Edits are easier than any program I've seen.

Has anybody worked out a "bookmark" type function. My approach was to
create a list of the folks I most frequently go to - ends of lines, etc,
copied the list and created a new Saved List. I can open that list and
click on whoever I want to go to. Problem is that if I want to bookmark
someone else, I have to recreate the Saved List. Is there a better way to
do it?

Jim