GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-02 > 1046467933

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Summary View Errors
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:32:13 +0100

Hi Jim,

To prevent making typing-errors etc. for locations that allready exist in your
file I have set in Preferences on the Names-tab to "confirm new places" (and
"confirm new individuals" too). When GB asks to add a new location I hit
cancel when I'm almost certain the place is in my list and if it isn't I
dblclck on the new location to "slot" it in place correctly.

Also, for locations I have to enter very often, I have set a few "fake"
namevariants as a 'shortcut'. There is an option to "Replace with Standard on
Input" on the Names-window so when I type in "xb", Genbox replaces that with
the correct place: "Bredevoort, Aalten, , Gelderland".

Wim