GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-02 > 1045895706

From: "C. Phillip Rhoton, MD" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] A few problems and a suggestion or two (Surname-Given reversal in Source Formatting)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 00:35:06 -0600

Bill,
I discovered what the problem was but neglected to post it to the list. On
Gedcom import, in this case from TMG, the TMG abbreviation, in some cases,
is assigned to the short title field of the source. In TMG these
abbreviations are used only in the source pick list and never, well rarely,
print in reports. In TMG I often abbreviated obituaries and family Bibles
as Surname, Given name, document type. All the entries I was having
problems worked perfectly when I deleted the text in that field.

Phil