GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-02 > 1045442064

From: "Richard C. Marek" <>
Subject: [GENBOX] Basic Data Entry Method
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:34:24 -0600

Hi all,

I am confused and it's probably by something very simple I'm not able to pick up on...

I am just practicing with entering data in Genbox and I am getting confused. To start out in a brand new database I start by creating a Source (today this was my grandparents marriage register) and I locked it and went to the individual view and entered the names of my grandfather, his father and mother, and his spouse. I then clicked on the marriage listing in the events list at the bottom. I then filled in that page. Unlock this first Source.

Create another source (Census) and enter childbirth on the events tab for two children. I am noticing that not all the tabs for each individual have a name for a parent or maybe a spouse and I think that maybe I should enter a name there so I double click and pick out the proper person there, then I hit the Select button.

OK, I guess that what I want to know is where exactly do I enter data for a person (tabs) and why are some of the tabs not listing the people I have entered? The way I am doing it now by going through and putting names in the spaces that don't have a name that was already entered I am getting double individuals in reports (descendant narrative) and unknown spouses for people in those reports also. But, there are no extra people in the list of individuals.

Sorry, but I'm drawing a blank here...!

TIA
Rich Marek

This thread: