GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-02 > 1045281020

From: "William T. Flight" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Reports: Uninteresting sentences
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:50:20 -0500

> How do you avoid sentences like "Gladys Blake was born and died"?
> Should I be selecting some sort of special report options to avoid those
> types of sentences?
> CheriC

I think this occurs when there is an event record, but no data in it. The
current version already has a fix for "Gladys Blake was born." The fix wipes
out the sentence when the pattern is detected. I think anything stating the
obvious can be omitted. Now, "Gladys Blake died." does convey some
information, so it's not as easy to know when to delete it.

-- Bill

William T. Flight

This thread: