GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES > 2007-03 > 1174753392

From: "Elizabeth Chancellor" <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES] What Are Your Stories?
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:23:12 -0400

It's wonderful to see this list active. I agree: it's been quiet a long time. Guess I'll post my mystery again and see if I get any bites.

Waueka FERRELL

Born 19 Aug 1911 in Hellier, Pike Co., KY. She was the first child of coal miner Allen Ferrell and his wife Jessie Compton who was from Lawrence Co., KY. Waueka is listed in the Pike County School Censuses of 1917 (age 6) and 1920 (age 10) in District 100.

Waueka married 1st Clyde Wills (b. 1908; d. 1992) and had 3 children. The first two died young and the other was named Shirley Wills. I believe Waueka had a second marriage to an Ed McKnight (or Knight).

The last time my mother remembers seeing Aunt Waueka and her daughter Shirley was when they visited them in Sebring, FL in about 1945 or '46. She disappeared after that and my grandmother--Waueka's sister--and her brothers learned she may have gone to Chicago, IL. Some of the family even hired an investigator to look for her to no avail. The daughter Shirley is reported to have been in Mammoth, WV and may still be in the area. Looking for any information on Waueka's family.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Chancellor

http://www.chancellorfamily.org