GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES > 2007-03 > 1174492297

From: "Lisa Lepore" <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES]BruceKramer-Hamilton/CincinnatiOhio1956-1987
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:51:37 -0400

Yes, but different states have different laws that have changed
over time. It's important to find out what the law in Ohio was
at that time to know if tracking down a birth cert. is worth the
effort or if there are other avenues that should be looked at
first. You can't just assume that what is in effect today was the
same back then.

The office of vital statistics [ohio] has a q&a on their site which
says if an out of wedlock birth is recorded including mention of
the father, then there has to be a paternal acknowledgement
certificate filed along with it.
www.odh.ohio.gov/ASSETS/ADFC9A7E4D1945EB9FF7CD394D838095/lregfaqs.pdf

as near as I can tell, this revision went into effect 12-15-88, so I don't know what the
previous law said. If Bruce's child was born c. 1987 then the previous law would
have been in effect.
http://onlinedocs.andersonpublishing.com/oh/lpExt.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=PORC

Lisa