GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES > 2007-03 > 1174264043

From: Diana Ellison <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES] Bruce Kramer-Hamilton/Cincinnati Ohio1956-1987
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:27:23 -0700 (PDT)

I know that you can request the SS application that the deceased completed when he first applied for his SS card. Unfortunately the information on the application asks for information you probably already know...parents names, addresses, occupations, birth places, etc. If the name of the rabbi officiating at the service could be contacted perhaps he might be of some help. The guest book might be of some interest. Any family could be ruled out leaving friends and possible co-workers. From there perhaps the telephone book would be of help.

I think the two areas I would start with would be AT&T and the cemetery. I have found that people at cemeteries can be extremely helpful in giving information that might not be available from other sources.

Another thought...does anyone have his death certificate? It is just possible that she might have been the informant.

Diana

wrote:
I've suggested the AT&T contact, but whether she (the sister) will or not I don't know. I may do it for her and see what happens. I forgot about the guest book. Don't know if she was at the funeral, but it would be worth checking out.

Yes, I found the SSD index first thing. (Ilene says his birth date was wrong) I was on line while my friend was on line helping her go through the steps to see how Rootsweb worked. I had her print out the form for the information because possibly this woman may have tried to get support. (Bruce did sign the birth certificate.) I have read on different lists that some have sent letters, opened for the SS people to read asking them to pass on the letter since they can't get the address or info they need. So, if this is in fact true and they do this, and if the kid (young man) has received financial help through Bruce's SS, them maybe this is a route we can take. Will see. I will let you know if we are successful in any areas.
From: Diana Ellison