GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES > 2007-03 > 1174258756

From: Diana Ellison <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES] Bruce Kramer-Hamilton/Cincinnati Ohio1956-1987
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:59:16 -0700 (PDT)

I was also going to suggest contacting AT&T but I see that someone else has suggested that. You never know until you ask. You might find a sympathetic soul. You might try to find out if they have any "old-timers" groups at AT&T. I think if you explain why you are seeking this information they might be forthcoming.

Someone also mentioned contacting the funeral home. If she came to the cemetery perhaps there would have been a guest book. It would be interesting to see if anyone visits his grave regularly on the anniversary of his death. Sometimes newspapers print a "memorial" on the anniversary of a death or the birthday of the deceased. Unfortunately the anniversary of his death just past but according to the SSDI his birthday was in June. I looked at the SSDI and found that he died in February 1987. You probably know that already.

Does the local paper have a "human interest" column or a "looking for..." section in the classified. I know that would be a long shot, but you never know.

I belong to classmates.com but without knowing the child's name or the mother's last name it would be hard to find him. They could be living anywhere so this is truly like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Keep me posted of your progress. I love a great mystery myself.

Diana

wrote:
Thank you Diana,

Bruce's sister has contacted the newspaper, it was splashed all over the front page and they made it out to be "tragic love triangle". Which wasn't the case at all. He hardly knew the woman. They are also suppose to be checking the birth announcements. I guess now they don't list the parents names in the paper, but back in the 80s they still were. So I'm really hoping that bears up something.

I already suggested that they search apartment building records and utilities, but found out they did not co-hab. I'm a researcher myself, so I came up with some of the usual ideas, but with their not living together its tough.

I placed the notice on this board as well as a few others hoping that maybe one day the young man might go searching on his own. Or a friend that knew Bruce might happen along. I'm been picking his sisters memories, but they had been living in seperate states for a few years, all of them, and just were not aware of his friends and what he did other than work.

From: Diana Ellison