GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES > 2007-03 > 1174116692

From: Bubbles <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES] Still looking for Cowen family
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:31:32 +0100 (CET)

It never ceasesto amaze me what happened within families, changing faith - because of marriage, changing names to avoid being found (for whatever reason). I know in my own tree I have found a murderer, a bigamist and they are only the ones who have come to light. The surname Cowan in UK would be similar to Cohen - which is traditionally a jewish name.