GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES > 2007-03 > 1173723962

From: "Berry, Karin" <>
Subject: [GEN-UNSOLVED-MYSTERIES] What happened to SEYMOUR PRYOR?/MasonCounty, KY/1838
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:26:02 -0400

HI:
I'm looking for SEYMOUR PRYOR, a former slave who was emancipated by
JOANNA BERRY in 1838 in Mason County, KY. He was 41 years old.

State law decreed that freedmen had to leave KY after they were
emancipated. I can't find Seymour in the 1840 Census. (He might have
died in the intervening two years, of course.)

I can only guess that **maybe** he stayed in the state to be near his
daughter, my great-great grandmother MARIAH, who, as far as I know,
remained a slave in Mason Co. Her mother was PARMITIA; I have no other
information about her or whether they had more children.

I welcome suggestions as to how to research Seymour Pryor.

Thanks,
Kberry

This thread: