GEN-NEWBIE-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NEWBIE > 2002-04 > 1018192218

From: Wild bill <>
Subject: Re: History Channel ancestry.com
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 10:10:18 -0500

"Roy C. Smith" wrote:

> I watched the program last night. It used the same stories that the
> Ancestry Program on PBS last year. I think both networks are owned by the
> same people. But this one went into much greater details than the Ancestry
> Shows did. It is very hard to do this kind of genealogy work unless you
> have a lot of money. Most of us just strugle along and do the best we can
> with the help of others in the part of the country that we need data from.
> Roy from East Texas

I watched the ancestry program, it was interesting in parts, but mostly
I thought it was a great commercial for Family Tree Maker. I never
bothered to watch the recent one. Guess I had other more important
things to do.

--
Wild Bill, North Pole, Alaska Life is what happens to you while you're
making other plans.

This thread: