GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2007-10 > 1191540213

Subject: Two different women: Cecily (Bardolf) de Morley and Cecily (deMohaut) de Morley
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:23:33 -0700

On Oct 4, 4:32 pm, wrote:
< Dear Adrian, John Ravilious, Douglas , Leo and others,
<
< I must own myself confused. John Ravilious posted that
Cecily,
< daugther of Thomas Bardolf ( John considered her to be of the line
of Bardolf of
< Spixworth and Douglas argued that her father was Thomas Bardolf,
2nd Lord
< Bardolf of Wormgay which John found documentation indicating, now
Douglas has
< declared her to be a sister to Robert, Lord Motault.
< Douglas, are you a ninny ?
< Sincerely,
< James W
Cummings
< Dixmont,
Maine USA

I'm afraid you're confusing two different women. The first woman
under discussion earlier past week was Cecily Bardolf (died 1386),
wife of Sir William de Morley, Knt., 3rd Lord Morley. The second
woman currently under discussion is Cecily de Mohaut (living 1316),
wife of Sir William de Morley, Knt., 1st Lord Morley. It's the same
family, but different Cecily's.