GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-08 > 1060381490

From: Rod Dav4is <>
Subject: Hastings family
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:24:50 GMT

This is a bit outside the medieval era, but I'm hoping
that someone on this list will be able to help anyway.
I have a John Hastings, b. 1556 m. Elizabeth (or
Edith?) York;
His father: John Hastings, b.c. 1535 m. Jane Pennystone.

The problem: Who is this John Hastings' father? Various
online sources make this John the son of Edward
Hastings b. 1505 d. 1571/72 (or 1558?), 4th Baron
Hastings and 3rd son of George Hastings, 1st Earl
Huntingdon. But reliable published sources say that
Edward died without male issue and the barony became
extinct.

So, who was the father of the John Hastings who married
Jane Pennystone?

-R.

This thread: