GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-01 > 1043957963

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Amie de Gaveston Rebuttal - Part 4: A Damsel's Life
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:19:23 -0000

Yes....

And Yes...

Impossible to PROVE, of course, but strongly indicated.

Deus Vult.

"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like 'em myself. They're
pretty bad ---- I grieve over them long winter evenings. And I don't mind
your ritzing me or drinking your lunch out of a bottle, but *don't* waste your
time trying to cross-examine me." Humphrey Bogart [Philip Marlowe] to Lauren
Bacall [Vivian Sternwood] in "The Big Sleep" [1946], Howard Hawks Directed.

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly. All original material
contained herein is copyright and property of the author. It may be quoted
only in discussions on this forum and with an attribution to the author,
unless permission is otherwise expressly given, in writing.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor

""Gordon Banks"" <> wrote in message

| This may be more history than genealogy, but Costain indicates that the
| relationship between Piers de Gaveston and Edward II was homosexual, most
| likely. Is this an accepted conclusion among most historians? What about
| Edward's relationship with the younger Hugh le Despencer?

This thread: