GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-01 > 1043934542

From: "Carpenter, Charles" <>
Subject: RE: Amie de Gaveston Rebuttal - Part 4: A Damsel's Life
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:49:14 -0500

I've wondered why it was that Piers was made Earl of Cornwall, rather than
being given some other title and source of income. Purely random? Or
assuming a relationship between Claramunde and Constance de Marsan, is the
family connection described by Paul below the most plausible basis for this
choice? Or is there something else?

Charley